Saturday, November 28, 2009

We're Here


I actually didn't take very many pictures today. Crazy for me, but I'm sure there will be many more to come this week. We landed in Port Au Prince and ran some errands with Zach, which was very enjoyable to be able to see more of the city.


We even stopped for lunch and got to sign the wall.


My favorite part of the drive was when we got into the mountains, closer to Cazale. The people and the sights and sounds were all amazing. So wonderful to be here after all this time!
Zach showed me a lot of the destruction that was caused from the flooding last year. Wild to think that water can be so devastating. It was sad to see everything that had been destroyed.


We got to Cazale late afternoon and were greeted by cute smiling faces and after a tour of the clinic and RC we got to hold babies and play with kids.


Tonight we unpacked the donations and separated them to be put away in the Rescue Center and Clinic.

We had some great help from the kids and it was fun to see everything we had packed only days ago finally here in Haiti.


Thankful to be able to blog quickly and then I'm going to head back downstairs to love on kids for a bit before bed. This little sweetie is getting his meds next to me on the table as I'm typing this. He's 11 months and just celebrated being 11 pounds. Could he be ANY cuter???

We're going back into Port Au Prince for church tomorrow. I'm so excited. I had secretly hoped we would go to church. ;) Hopefully I will be able to post more tomorrow. Off to hug babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment